Dental veneers are composed of a thin shell that is placed over the front of the affected tooth to correct a variety of cosmetic concerns, such as chips, cracks, stains, or misshapen teeth. At Gateway Village Dental, our team offers veneers made with a durable porcelain material to create an especially natural-looking outcome. The custom-made porcelain veneers are bonded to the front of the tooth surface, producing a stunning smile transformation.
Benefits of Veneers
- Chipped, cracked or otherwise damaged teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Crooked or misshapen teeth
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Eroded tooth enamel
What does teeth whitening improve?
- Drinking dark-coloured beverages like coffee, tea, red wine – the colour pigments in these beverages stick to the tooth enamel, darkening it.
- Use of tobacco – tar and nicotine give the teeth a yellowish colour.
- The natural effects of aging – the outer shell of the tooth structure, called enamel, covers softer, darker tissue called dentin; with age, the layer of enamel gets thinner and reveals more of the yellowish dentin.
- Trauma – teeth respond to a traumatic blow or injury by creating more dentin; this darkens the tooth.
- Taking certain medications – antihistamines, high blood pressure medications and antibiotics are a few of the medications that can discolour teeth.
- Poor oral hygiene habits.